Best Cybersecurity Courses Online (2020)
Cybersecurity known also as information security is the act of defending computers, mobile devices, servers, networks, and data from digital attacks and manipulations. It is essential to all entrepreneurs and business owners in order to avoid corporate espionage or customer attacks.
According to Upguard, Cyber threats can come from any level of an organization. Therefore both business owners and staff must be educated on simple social engineering scams like phishing and more sophisticated cybersecurity attacks like ransomware or other malware designed to steal intellectual property, data theft or destroy and expose sensitive information.
To ensure the safety of your business, or any business, these courses will enlighten you on how to best defend and secure the cyberspace
From the course title you probably will be pondering on how hacking can be ethical? Hacking is ethical when it is done to identify potential threats and loopholes with the intention of securing a system from attacks.
This course is a two in one package, because you will learn to hack computer systems like a black hat hacker and secure them like a cybersecurity expert.
Also, the course is simplified to accommodate all and sundry. Without prior experience in cybersecurity, you can partake in it and successfully learn the tenets of hacking and cybersecurity.
With a course duration of 14:5 hours, spread across 21 downloaded resources, two articles, and a full lifetime access both on mobile and TV.
Here’s a tip of what you are going to learn.
- Understanding hacking and the different types of hackers
- Install a hacking lab and the needed software (on Windows, OS X and Linux)
- Understand how websites work and how to discover and exploit web application vulnerabilities to hack websites
This course is rated 4.5 and it is in high demand as 319,743 people have already participated in it. It comes with certification and it is organized by online training giants Udemy. The course tutor, Zaid Sabih is an expert in cybersecurity.
Like the first course this course teaches you about ethical hacking, however it takes you from being a beginner into an advanced level.
With the high rate of malicious hackers perpetrating cyber crimes globally, there is a high need for ethical hackers that can hack servers to detect their weaknesses, and proffer solutions; before they are exploited.
This course comes with a guide on how to use these skills to get a better job, make money online as a freelancer, and increase your hourly pay rate.
With a duration of 24.5 hours on-demand video and 5 downloaded resources, full lifetime access both on mobile and TV.
Here’s a tip of what you will learn:
- Answers to all your questions with regards to ethical hacking and penetration testing from an experienced IT professional!
- Complete tutorials on how to build a virtual hacking environment, attack networks, and break passwords.
- Tutorials on how to do ethical hacking, web testing, penetration testing, and WIFI hacking using Kali Linux!
This course is rated 4.3 and 271,937 individuals have already been enrolled. It is another online course from Udemy, and the instructor Ermin Kreponic is an IT expert. There is certification upon completion of the course.
According to Mondo an average Cybersecurity personnel earns $125,000 – $215,000 dollars annually. This course will teach you all you need to know to become such Cybersecurity professional.
It is aimed at helping you launch a career in cybersecurity, therefore it teaches you the fundamentals and pros and cons of Cybersecurity.
By the end of this course you will be skilled in database vulnerabilities, cybersecurity, malware and much more.
Here’s a tip of what you will be learning.
- Identifying key cybersecurity tools which include, firewall, anti-virus, cryptography, penetration testing and digital forensics.
- Understanding key cybersecurity concepts including the CIA Triad, access management, incident response and common cybersecurity best practices.
This course has a rating of 4.5, and 10,758 individuals have participated. This course is taught in such a way that it equips you with all the knowledge you need to as cybersecurity as your specialization.
Institution – IBM
This is a specialization course built to aid your career in cybersecurity. The course is further divided into 5 specializations with five different courses, namely, Usable Security, Software Security, Cryptography and Cybersecurity Capstone Project. Each of these courses are rated above 4.00.
This course is unique for it offers you various fields of cybersecurity from which you can choose a specialism.
Here’s a tip of what you will learn.
- How to explore the foundations of software security.
- Understand important software vulnerabilities and attacks that exploit them — such as buffer overflows, SQL injection, and session hijacking.
- Learn defenses that prevent or mitigate these attacks, including advanced testing and program analysis techniques.
29,650 students have already participated in this course and 43% of those that undertook this course started a new career after completing this specialization. This course is taught by the University of Maryland and has a host of experts as tutors
This course is an introductory class, perfect for all with an interest in cybersecurity irrespective of discipline and field of study.
As stated earlier it is an error to leave the cybersecurity of your business solely in the hands of experts. This course is perfect for business owners and staff. It gives you the right amount of knowledge you need so as not to fall into the schemes of malicious hackers.
Here’s a tip of what you will learn.
- Successfully distinguish threat actors and their motivations.
- Match the correct types of controls to the actions of cyber criminals.
This course is taught by the University of Washington and 62,957 individuals have already enrolled. It’s ideal for beginners.
The biggest risk in today’s business world is leaving your web application or network insecure or weakly secured.
Large firms such as Yahoo, Twitter, eBay etc have been hit by cybercriminals in the past, making cybersecurity important and lucrative to those who have the expertise.